John 3:8

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Birthday Bash

So I admit-I'm the worste ever at maintining a blog. If you actually read this, please let me know and get on me if it's been a while. I need some friendly reminders every so often.
 
Before I get to life back in the States (as I did return in the end of January), I do want to tell you all the amazing story of my birthday last year, which happened to fall on 12-12-12!! (did I ever mention my favorite number is 12? (btw, Favorite Bible verse = Romans 12:12. Check it out).
 
Birthday Bash(es!):
 
About a week before my birthday, I was asked to have breakfast with one of my girlfriends at her house before a meeting. special breakfast? of course! Breakfast is my favorite meal! I noticed that morning my housemate was rushing a little (ok a lot) more than usual to get to class. Why was she in such a hurry? oh well..
 
I show up for breakfast at my friend's house, and she tells me to sit down while she gets something in the other room. The next thing I know, I'm being sung to in a round by other friends, who are appearing from the surrounding rooms! The first thing out of my mouth was "are you serious?"
I laughed so hard to see everyone popping out.
 
[Funny, that phrase "are you serious?" Has since become a favorite line, encompassing many events in my life, good and bad. In ten years, you just might see a book published with that title, cataloging those humorous incidents.]
 
Here are some pictures from that morning's breakfast 
 




 
 
The actual morning of my birthday, I was laying in bed, when i receive a text; "are you awake?"
-"yes".
"where are you?"
-(it's 6am) "I'm in my room."
[one minute later] music begins to play and voices are heard beside my window! The guys are there to wake me!! I leave my bedroom to find this!

 
some of the guys who came to sing to me:



Did you know Google sends you birthday greetings?!

 
Did I mention, my birthday fell on a cool day-- 12-12-12. This is at 12:12pm

Went to lunch with a couple good friends. We ordered pasta with eggplant...except, we couldn't find the eggplant in it.. the chef graciously pointed out to us that the fleck on the rim of the plate was the eggplant. umm.. right. It took all I had not to laugh in her face. she was serious.



I invited students to come hang out at our center and have snacks. A few girls came, and we had fun ;)

 
 
After the center closed, the girls decided to walk me back to my house. before we got there, we were met by another girlfriend, who blindfolded me and led me into my yard. I opened my eyes to see lots of people, singing Hapy birthday to me!! It was nightime and they had decorated the yard with handmade hanging papre lanterns.. hand.made. seriously incredible. 





 

As you can see from the pictures, we had a good time and lots of good food. They also prepared a native pinyata and other games for the party. I had lots of friends there, and there were definitely lots of smiles. I have never felt more loved. :) Thank you everyone who made it such a special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment