John 3:8

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

Friday, August 3, 2012

A tip for running International Races: Do it!

Most people who know me know that I love sports. I played soccer for 8 years, field hockey for 2, and love to play baseball, tennis, volleyball--basically anything that involves people and energy. But I've never been really big on running. I do it sometimes to try to stay healthy, but I wouldn't say I'm a X-country runner.
But thanks to my new friend Candice who is also living here for 6 months, I am proud to say that I ran in my first official race! It was a 5K here in the city.. and oh yea, it was at night!
there we are!
Hmm.. did I also forget to mention that they did not rope off the streets for the race?? Cause they didn't.....
notice all the trafic still driving normally... BAHHAA
 Because of this, Candice and I were laughing for the first 30 seconds of the race, as we weaved our way through tricycles and motorcycles... It was pretty hilarious!

still looking good.. this was only a few minutes in.

wow.

We did it!
We finished in under 30 minutes, and only walked for about 20 seconds. I must say, night running in a night race in Asia was an excellent choice--and an experience I won't quickly forget.

Here are some of our friends who came to cheer us on! Thanks guys!

One down... ?? to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment